From paintings and photography to sculpture and metalwork, Richland and Hanford high school students have their artistic skills on full display in the Educational Service District 123 Regional High School Art Show.
Sixteen pieces earned Judge’s Choice awards, which sends them on to the state Superintendent’s High School Art Show in April and May. One of those pieces, Hanford student Olivia Gillet’s photograph “Secrets,” also received a Superintendent’s Choice award from Superintendent Dr. Rick Schulte. Another Hanford student photographer, Abigail Hinton, earned a Superintendent’s Choice award for her photograph “Light In Stained Glass” from ESD 123 Superintendent Darcy Weisner.
Five pieces received Honorable Mention, which are awarded by teachers for their students. One of those pieces, "All I See Is Gold" by Hanford High School student Andrew Perez- Broetje earned him a $2000 scholarship to Central Washington University.
Students from throughout the Tri-Cities and Mid-Columbia participate in the annual art show. Art will be on display in the Gjerde Center at Columbia Basin College in Pasco through early March.
HANFORD HIGH SCHOOL
Superintendent’s Choice & Judge’s Choice
- Olivia Gillett, “Secrets”, Photography
- Abigail Hinton, “Light In Stained Glass”, Photography
- Aleece Stillman, “Eat Your Vegetables Young Man”, Alcohol-Based Markers
- Luc Tworek, “Field Of Dreams”, Photography
- Peyton Nicole Dunn, “Natural Formation”, Brass
- Celeste Pe, “New Beginnings”, Nickel sheet, wire and silver shot
- Luc Tworek, “ShaBROS”, Photography
- Ashlee Keck, “Nature’s Resilience”, Wire
- Bella McDermott, “Conspiracy”, Mixed Media
- Andrew Perez-Broetje, “All I See Is Gold”, Photography
RICHLAND HIGH SCHOOL
- Mckenzie L. Dodson, “What Can’t I Do With Lines”, Ink
- Giovanni A. Belsito, “Pier”, Photography
- Chloe L. Hawkins Bellefeuille, “Solo”, Photography
- Kizzy A. Dodge, “Oh Deer”, Photography
- Timi Paulson Omidiran, “My Village”, Acrylic
- Sabrina Anne Sarpolus, “Untitled”, Photography
- Brittany C. Nelson, “Sunset At My Window”, Acrylic
- Hailey M. Polus, “Ensnared”, Prismacolor Pencils
- Nikolas Sanford, “The Tower”, Sculpture
- Payton L. Moore, “Artichoke”, Photography
- Brittany C. Nelson, “Brother”, Pencil
- Aiden Judge, “A Boat Without Water”, Sculpture