- CBC - Zoom Office Hours/Virtual Campus Tours
- NACAC - Virtual College Fairs
- PNACAC - VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIR
- Verto Virtual College Fair
- WSU Admissions and and Fall Application and Advisor Contact Info.
- CWU "On the Spot Admissions"
- digipen - how to join September's Online Events
- DigiPen - spring start option
- Central Washington University
- Whitworth University
- Eastern Washington University
- EUC - European Universities Consortium
I hope you had a good start to the school year and adjusting to the new norm we are living in! I am reaching out to let you know that we are still here to help your students, even if we are still not on campus as of yet. We are doing virtual presentations, virtual campus tours, and even Zoom office hours.
My Zoom office hours is every Wednesday from 12:00-2:00 if any of your students feel more comfortable speaking to me face-to-face (so to speak). My Zoom ID is 477 690 7138. They can also call or email me any time.
Our virtual campus tours are on Tuesdays from 10:00-11:00, Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00, and Thursdays from 3:00-4:00. We will have a recruiter and/or Student Ambassador do these tours live on campus via Zoom on our cell phones. To register for a tour, click on Visit CBC.
Please forward this to your counselors and let them know I am open to suggestions on the best ways I can better assist your students.
Thank you and stay safe!
Sign up now at virtualcollegefairs.org and start exploring.
Click below to see which colleges will be there on each fair date:
This fall we will have a number of virtual offerings that students may access; including daily admission presentations similar to what would be seen in person during a high school visit, application workshops, and evening presentations for families. Our virtual offerings for prospective students can be found on our admissions homepage.
Our fall 2021 application is LIVE! Please encourage students to submit their application as soon as they can -- the quicker they submit their app, the quicker they will hear back from WSU about their admission. Students with specific questions are welcome to contact me to schedule a video or phone 1:1 appointment.
Not seeing what you’re looking for? If you have a specific need or presentation in mind we welcome the opportunity to collaborate! Please visit our website to complete a request for a presentation.
Washington State University
CWU ON THE SPOT ADMISSIONS
This exclusive event is for high school seniors who wish to apply to CWU!
During this event, students will be able to do the following:
- Complete their application
- Receive an immediate evaluation of their high school transcripts
- Receive an offer of admissions, if eligible
- Meet with Admissions Counselors, ask questions about CWU!
Requirements for CWU “On the Spot” Admissions
- If you have a 3.0+ GPA and have meet CADRs*, you will be automatically admitted!
- If you have a 2.5-2.99 GPA, provide a personal statement that answers all prompts and have met all CADRs, you will be automatically admitted!
Note: These appointments are first-come, first-serve and are limited in availability.
What if I don't meet the requirements?
- If your cumulative GPA is below a 2.5 you can still apply to CWU through the regular admissions process
- We will want to take more time to evaluate your materials before making an admissions decision
- You can schedule an admissions appointment with one of our counselor if you'd like to talk more about your academic history and have them answer more of your questions
I hope you’re well and keeping safe as we all navigate the disruptions that COVID-19 has caused.
I wanted to reach out to you to give you an update about some changes the Office of Admissions at Central Washington University, has made, in response to COVID-19. We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused challenges for our future Wildcats and families.
As such, we have made the following changes to our admissions policies and practices to best serve our prospective students:
- Applications still open for admission. Apply today!
- ACT/SAT scores are now optional for Fall 2020
- May 1 confirmation date moved to June 1.
- Merit scholarships are still available for Fall 2020.
We also have a new FAQ page for prospective students, where they can find answers to common questions regarding CWU Admissions and COVID-19 changes. http://www.cwu.edu/admissions/admissions-covid-19-updates
Finally, below are some great online options for high school seniors and their support network, as many are still exploring college options. This is also an excellent opportunity for high school juniors to initiate their college search and get familiar with Central Washington University.
· Admissions Counselor Appointments: Since I cannot come to your schools to meet with your studnets in persons, we are now offering virtual admissions appointments to prospective students and families. These 30-minute, one-on-one appointments are available either via phone or video chat format. These appointments are open to first-year, transfer, and prospective students in any phase of their college search. Please feel free to direct students to me directly or to this website, https://admissions.cwu.edu/portal/faith_online_appointment where they can sign up for an appointment.
· Online Campus Tours are now offered at the following link: https://admissions.cwu.edu/portal/online_tours. Students and guests can register for one of our online experiences with Wildcat Ambassadors, to see the campus and to have their questions answered. All staff is working remotely and have access to emails, phones, and voicemail; all communications are being responded to within 24 hours.
· Latinx Thursdays, are now offered at the following link: https://admissions.cwu.edu/portal/latinx_thursday. Students and guests can expect a Spanish-language session led by staff and student ambassadors that will cover information about applying, housing, financial aid, and the Latinx Community.
- Orientation: We would also like to remind you that Seniors who have already confirmed to CWU will be required to participate in Links Orientation. To learn more about Links Orientation, please follow this link: https://www.cwu.edu/orientation/first-year
Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy email. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to better support you and your students during this time.
Office of Admissions
509-899-6025 (M) 509-963-3065 (F)
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7463
I'm providing you a list of ways that Whitworth can support both you and your students from afar, since I sadly can't visit in person this spring:
- Admissions Counselor Call - Click here to see a list of times I've set aside to chat with students and families (and high school counselors). I would love to answer any questions about Whitworth over the phone!
- Virtual Visits - We're hosting a lot of great online events that highlight academic departments, take students on virtual tours, and more! Visit www.whitworth.edu/virtualvisit for more information. You're invited to participate too!
- Zoom - I would love to have a virtual high school visit via Zoom if that is something that sounds beneficial to you. Let's talk about dates/times if you're interested.
Whitworth plans to reopen and start classes as scheduled in the fall. Any updates will be provided to students/families via email, but you can also view an Admissions COVID-19 FAQ online, or visit www.whitworth.edu/coronavirus for campus-wide updates.
Take care and please let me know how I can help you and your students.
Assistant Director of Admissions for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Hello from EWU Admissions,
It’s been a hard month of change. We miss visiting your school, we miss sitting down with your students to talk about next steps, and we miss dropping off swag items and stopping by to say hi.
This time in our lives is a bit surreal and we were not prepared for it. Nevertheless, we are here for you, supporting your students and staying connected. It’s the core of all we do, and it will never change.
Here are a few quick updates that can help you and your students and their families as they navigate their college future:
- We’ve created a space all things virtual
- View past Admitted Student Days
- Explore campus with videos and interactive maps
- Sign up for 30-minute sessions on financial aid, academics, student life, and more
- Schedule one-on-on calls or virtual meetings
- Schedule a private virtual group visit for your class
- The live-on requirement for 2020-21 is waived
- For next year only, new students will not be required to live on campus
- Residence halls are still open and available for students
- If a student is unsure about what to do, we encourage students to live on campus
- This change continues an EWU practice of emphasizing safety and flexibility
- For many reasons, students and families often view residence halls as safer, healthier, and more secure than other living situations
- Students will receive maximum flexibility related to contracts and fees
- We’re offering increased application fee waiver flexibility
- Waivers are still required, but we are giving more NACAC waivers to students since SAT and ACT waivers will be harder for them to obtain
- We are still admitting students for fall 2020
- Students may send unofficial transcripts for a decision
- No tests, no problem: EWU offers test-optional admission
- Pass/No Pass or Credit/No Credit grades on a transcript will not impact an admission decision
- EWU has not changed any AP, IB, or CLEP policies
- Our focus remains on the rigor of coursework and a student’s cumulative GPA
- The priority enrollment decision date is June 1
- If a student needs more time after June 1, we’re happy to talk to them and find a flexible solution
- Students with financial aid awards may be able to defer confirmation deposits until the fall
- We will update new student financial aid awards starting July
- If a student’s financial aid situation changes, we will work with them to adjust financial aid
- The financial aid office is very busy updating current student awards for spring and summer
Let us know how we can help and improve. If you have questions or concerns, we’d be happy to set up a virtual meeting with folks on our team to talk through the updates. Staff contact information is updated to provide a scheduling link for meetings, too.
We are communicating the same information to your students via text, calls, and emails.
Thanks for all you do and be well.
Jana Jaraysi, MPA & MBA| Director of Recruitment
Eastern Washington University
333 Eagle Lane| 304 Sutton Hall ▪ Cheney, WA 99004
firstname.lastname@example.org ▪ www.ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
In the spirit of cooperation, six of the nation's top liberal arts colleges —Amherst, Bowdoin, Carleton, Pomona, Swarthmore, and Williams—are joining forces to offer you an opportunity to connect with us. We invite you to register for the session time that is most convenient for you.
· Student Events — Help us spread the word.
We're also hosting a series of student events with themes on academics and research, affordability, campus life, preparing your application, outcomes and more (counselors can register, too).
· Financial Aid and Affording College - Monday, Sept 21 at 7 p.m. EDT
· Campus Life and Building a Community - Thursday, Oct 1 at 7 p.m. EDT
· Applying in the Time of COVID - Tuesday, Oct 13 at 7 p.m. EDT
· Outcomes and Opportunity - Tuesday, Oct 27 at 7 p.m. EDT
We know that everyone is spending a lot of time on Zoom these days, but we hope you’ll join us and look forward to helping your students navigate the college search process. (If you register for an event and can’t make it, we can send you a link to the recording so you don’t miss out.)
We hope to see you online,
I am writing on behalf of the European Universities Consortium (EUC). We gathered your contact information from the 2020 High School Visit Survey promoted by IACAC, school visits, fairs and other resources.
EUC is the alliance of 8 highly ranked & recognized universities located throughout Austria, Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Germany, Spain and Switzerland, with the interest in sharing information about our institutions for your students.
All universities in the consortium are accredited, offer programs entirely taught in English, and have a large percentage of international students on campus. Our role is to promote studying in Europe to students coming from other regions in the world. In doing so we would like to invite you and students to our North America tour, which will take place September 19th and October 3rd since we cannot meet in person this year.
Our tour will feature:
- Virtual Open Fair
- Live sessions with special topics
- One-to-one meetings with university representatives
SAVE THE DATE and Register today!
September 19th - October 3rd
Everyone must register to connect
Please register yourself, and share this link with students and parents who would be interested.
Please share among your community and download our poster here.
More details to come to connect for registered guests.
The member universities of the EUC are:
- Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
- Carl Benz School, Karlsruhe, Germany
- EHL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- IE University, Madrid, Spain
- Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany
- Vesalius College, Brussels, Belgium
- Modul University Vienna, Austria
- Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
We offer undergraduate programs in the following fields:
Architecture & Design
Business, Economics & Management
Computer Science & IT
Law & Politics
Marketing & Communication
Tourism & Hospitality
Would like an exclusive visit to your school?
Our webinar consists of an introduction of the EUC and advantages of studying in Europe (7-10 minutes) and individual institution presentations (2-3 minutes) followed by a Q&A session, where the students have the opportunity to ask the question to all of us or the university of their interest. It would be a great chance to provide you, your students and their parents with information about international study opportunities. Looking forward to hearing from you soon! Feel free to contact us for more information.
Associate Director International Development & Recruitment North America