Employment & Volunteering Opportunities
WA Labor & Industry Permission to Work
Learn more about requirements the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries has for teens to work. Download the Teens at Work: Facts for Employers, Parents & Teens brochure here.
Parent/School Authorization Form
- Please make sure you have the current form. Please share this form with your employer if they are using an older version.
- ALL three pages should be completed.
- ALL signatures must be obtained prior to submitting.
- Once the form is completed and all employee, employer, & parent signatures have been obtained, stop by the Career Center for the final school signature.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns please email Stephanie.Schirm@rsd.edu.
Job Application & Interview Information
- Writing a High School Resume that Stands Out
- Sample Resumes
- Job Interview Tips for High School Students
- The Biggest Interview Mistakes
Looking for local volunteer opportunities? Check out these resources.
- Tri-Cities Volunteer Guide
- A local guide to non-profit community service organizations in Tri-Cities seeking volunteers.
- Volunteer Tri-Cities
- Volunteer program led by United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties to match volunteers with local organizations.
- Volunteer Match
- Find local volunteer opportunities and filter by skill level, causes and interest area.